Monday, September 7, 2015

WORDS and the meanings we attach to them

 
I am having a hard time with the mere fact that letters on a piece of paper carry a vibration. I use the word hate all the time. It isn't that intense for me. Although a word can describe an emotion, it is NOT an emotion. Some one might say, with laughter, "OMG, I hate that!" Or "Oh, don't you hate that!?" As a writer I use words to stress a point. And if the word hate makes my point, I cannot help the reaction others have to the word. That is their vibration and the significance and meaning they give to it. That is their intensity, not mine.

There is a guy whose comments I see a lot where he uses whatever word he wants to use, and he is not afraid, obviously of being damned forever or going to hell, lol. I am not offended.

I used to literally cringe at the word "damn." And a good friend of mine uses "Dang!" a lot. I like that. So I use it too. I will text him, check this out, and tell him something ridiculous or funny and he will say, "Dang!" It is a summary word that contains, "OMG!" or "You're kidding me? Really!?" OR even, "Don't you hate that!?"

And when I use the F word and someone says to me, I am not talking to you if you use that language, I ask, Why not? Why does that offend you, it is just a word? They ASSUME it is directed toward them, when really, if I use it, it is directed at the situation, and I like being expressive in that way. Granted it is not always appropriate, and what is appropriate for some is not appropriate for others; like I would hate to spill my plate at a church social and say, "Goddamnit!" Can you imagine that?

Okay, granted, J. Krishnamurti probably never uttered God's name in vain, but if he did, he would tell you it is just a symbol, you made up what meaning you give to it in your head.

And here is a thought that you will surely think little of:  I think words such as this can be used in an intellectual way. Because the one person I know who uses these words quite appropriately for his audience, I have no doubt, is very smart. We could go so far as to say only the very, very smart, and the extremely illiterate use these words. Smart people use them mixed with other words to convey an idea and very stupid people don't have much of a vocabulary when it comes to expressing emotion, so in their case they become angry and abusive words. And then the rest of the world is offended in different degrees.

Let's look at a more positive word. Love. I believe people can genuinely love. They come from a place of LOVE. So if they say they love you, it isn't about feeding your ego or jumping your bones. It is a state of being. It is almost like saying, "Thank you," to me. Sometimes instead of saying "Thanks," I will say, "I love you." I tell Mr. Dang I love him all the time. Our relationship is pure friendship. And yeah, there have been times he has been a total crap head, and there have been times (well maybe only one time) I have been the same. We are friends. It is one of the most honest relationships I have ever had.

When I die, if I see Jesus and he says to me, I AM really God, not just Christ consciousness or your brother, I am probably going to say, "Dang! Son of a Bitch!"

And I certainly wouldn't be calling Jesus a son of a bitch. It is an expression to me that says, "Dang! Wrong again!"

Have a Bitchin' Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment